NOTICE OF AGENCY
The Arizona Board of Medical Examiners
1. Title of the guidance document or subject of the substantive policy statement and the guidance document number or substantive policy statement number by which the document or policy statement is referenced:
Policy on Physicians Who are Registered to Dispense as to Who Should be Inspected. (SPS #2)
2. Date of the application of the guidance documents or the date the substantive policy statement was issued and the effective date of the document or policy statement if different from the publication or issuance date:
Originally Published October 1996, Revised May 1999, Revised June 2000.
3. Summary of the contents of the guidance document or the substantive policy statement:
Guidelines for handling dispensing physicians with prior Board actions.
4. A statement as to whether the guidance document or substantive policy statement is a new document or statement or a revision.
5. The name, address and telephone number of the person to whom questions and comments about the guidance document or substantive policy statement may be directed:
Licensing and Renewal Administrator
6. Information about where a person may obtain a copy of the guidance document or the substantive policy statement and the costs for obtaining the document or policy statement:
Available from the Board of Medical Examiners.
GUIDELINES FOR HANDLING DISPENSING PHYSICIANS WITH PRIOR BOARD ACTIONS
· Physicians who have received two or more Advisory Letters within the last five years for over prescribing, dispensing, other prescription violations, and violations of Federal Statutes pertaining to prescribing or dispensing;
· Physicians who have received disciplinary action within the last five years for over prescribing and/or dispensing;
· Physicians currently on stipulation and/or physicians who have been terminated within the last five years who have self-administered, self-prescribed and/or abused controlled substances, or non-controlled substances; and,
· Physicians who violated the dispensing statutes or rules within
the past registration period.
|Return to AMB Home Page||Next policy|