from the September 6, 2000 Meeting of the Joint Board on the Regulation
of Physician Assistants
Welcome to the premiere
issue of the Joint Board Highlights, a synopsis of events at each Joint
Summary of Joint Board Actions
During its September 6, 2000 meeting, the Board voted
Joint Board Membership/Election of Officers
Dr. Fredrick Schwartz resigned from the Joint Board due to time constraints.
Dr. Barry Weiss was nominated for the BOMEX appointment to the Joint
Board to replace the vacancy left by Dr. Walter Sosey. Dr. Sosey's
term expired on June 30, 2000
Election of officers will take place at the November 15, 2000 meeting.
The Joint discussed the following goals for the future:
- Develop and sustain an environment of continuous education and
- Review all statutes, rules and substantive policy statements as
to relevance and appropriateness.
- Ensure information based on open communication with Stakeholders.
- Stay connected between Board meetings.
- Provide a regulatory process for timely and appropriate licensing
and adjudication of complaints against licensees.
Year 2000 - 2001 Joint Board Calendar
The following are the dates for the
year 2000 and 2001 meetings and events:
Joint Board Meeting
The next Full Board meeting will
take place November 15, 2000, at the Board of Medical Examiners' Offices:
1651 E. Morten Avenue, Suite 210, Phoenix, Arizona 85020.
Take 16th Street, one-half mile north of Glendale,
immediately across from The Pointe Resort.